Root Canal Treatment in Navi Mumbai
Maintaining good oral health is essential for a happy and confident life. However, sometimes dental issues such as severe tooth decay or infection may require more advanced treatments.
One such treatment is the root canal, a highly effective procedure that can save an infected tooth from extraction. Root canal treatment, or endodontic therapy, is a dental procedure to save a severely damaged or infected tooth.
When it comes to dental health, root canal treatment often evokes fear and anxiety in many individuals. However, with advancements in dental technology and dental professionals’ expertise, a root canal treatment in Navi Mumbai can be a comfortable and successful experience.
Dr Parth Shah, a specialized dentist at Casa Dentique, one of the best dental clinics in Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, is highly skilled in root canal procedures. Being an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, Dr Shah possesses the expertise to provide excellent care for dental root canals.
Focusing on delivering top-notch root canal treatment, Dr. Parth Shah, a proficient dentist in Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, ensures patients receive optimal results and relief from dental pain.
The Casa Dentique dental clinic has state-of-the-art technology and a skilled team to ensure optimal treatment outcomes. The clinic offers a comprehensive range of dental services, including root canal treatment and dental implants, at competitive costs, making it an ideal choice for individuals seeking quality dental care in Navi Mumbai.
In this article, we will learn about root canal treatment, its cost, procedure, benefits and more.
Overview of Root Canal Treatment
- A root canal is a dental procedure that involves treating the inside of a tooth when the pulp, which contains nerves and blood vessels, becomes infected or damaged. The procedure is named “dental root canal” because it involves cleaning and disinfecting the canals inside the tooth’s roots.
When a tooth’s pulp becomes infected or injured due to deep decay, cracks, or trauma, it can cause severe pain and discomfort. A root canal treatment aims to remove the infected or damaged pulp, clean the canals thoroughly, and seal them to prevent further infection. A root canal can help alleviate pain, restore oral health, and avoid tooth extraction by preserving the natural structure.
Root Canal Treatment Cost
- On average, the cost of a root canal treatment in Navi Mumbai ranges from ₹3,000 to ₹10,000 per tooth. The root canal cost can vary depending on various factors, such as the tooth being treated, the severity of the infection, and the dentist’s expertise.
- This estimate typically includes the cost of the procedure, local anesthesia, X-rays, and any necessary follow-up visits. It is important to note that additional costs may arise if the tooth requires a dental crown or any other restorative treatment after the root canal.
- At Casa Dentique, one of the best dental clinic in Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, you can expect quality dental care and competitive pricing for root canal procedures. Dr Parth Shah provides top-notch care as a root canal specialist, ensuring patients receive effective and affordable root canal treatment in Navi Mumbai.
When & Why Root Canal Is Needed?
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, becomes necessary under specific circumstances to address the following conditions:
When the dental pulp is infected or damaged:
1. Deep decay: Extensive tooth decay can reach the innermost part of the tooth, called the dental pulp, leading to infection or inflammation.
2. Dental trauma: Severe injury or trauma to the tooth can cause damage to the dental pulp, requiring root canal treatment to save the tooth.
3. Cracked or fractured tooth: A cracked tooth may expose the dental pulp to bacteria, causing infection or inflammation.
Why a root canal is needed:
1. Eliminate pain and discomfort: Root canal treatment alleviates the intense pain and discomfort associated with infected dental pulp.
2. Preserve natural tooth: The primary objective of a root canal is to save the natural tooth, preventing the need for extraction and maintaining proper oral function.
3. Prevent the spread of infection: By removing the infected pulp, the root canal eliminates the source of infection, preventing it from spreading to surrounding tissues or other teeth.
4. Restore oral health and aesthetics: Following a root canal, the tooth can be restored with a dental crown, preserving the tooth’s appearance and enabling normal chewing and speaking abilities.
Steps Involved in Root Canal Treatment
Before the procedure, the dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the tooth and the surrounding area, ensuring a pain-free experience for the patient.
2. Access and Removal:
The dentist creates a small opening in the tooth to access the dental pulp. Then, they will remove the infected pulp using specialised tools and carefully clean and disinfect the canal.
3. Shaping and Irrigation:
The dentist will shape the root canal using tiny files to create space for the filling material. Irrigation with an antimicrobial solution helps eliminate bacteria and debris from the canal.
4. Filling and Sealing:
After thoroughly cleaning and drying the canal, the dentist places a rubber-like material called gutta-percha into the canal and seals it with dental cement. This prevents reinfection and strengthens the tooth.
Regular follow-up visits are necessary to monitor the healing process and ensure the tooth is healthy after the root canal procedure.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
1. Pain relief: Root canal treatment helps eliminate the intense toothache caused by an infected dental pulp, providing immediate pain relief.
2. Tooth preservation: The primary benefit of a root canal is that it allows the preservation of the natural tooth. Removing the infected pulp and sealing the tooth can save it from extraction.
3. Restoration of oral function: Following a successful root canal, a dental crown or filling is placed on the treated tooth, restoring normal chewing and speaking functionality.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Care and Maintenance
1. Oral hygiene: Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing daily, and using an antimicrobial mouthwash. This helps prevent bacterial growth and the recurrence of dental issues.
2. Regular dental visits: Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings. Your dentist can monitor the treated tooth and identify potential problems early on.
3. Avoid hard foods and habits: Avoid chewing on hard foods or using your teeth to prevent damage to the treated tooth. Also, refrain from biting nails or chewing on ice, as they can increase the risk of tooth fractures.
4. Protect with a dental crown: Guard the treated tooth with a dental crown if your dentist recommends it. This provides added strength and protection against future damage.
By following proper care and maintenance practices, you can increase the longevity of the treated tooth and maintain good oral health.
Why Choose Us?
- Our dental professionals are highly skilled, experienced, and dedicated to exceptional care.
- We stay updated with the latest advancements in dental techniques and technologies to deliver the highest standard of treatment.
- We offer advanced dental services, including preventive care, restorative treatments, cosmetic dentistry, and specialized procedures like dental root canals. This ensures that all your dental needs can be addressed conveniently under one roof.
- Your comfort, satisfaction, and oral health are our top priorities. We adhere to strict quality and safety standards in our practice.
Revive Your Smile, Rediscover Confidence: Take the Next Step with a Root Canal!
Frequently Asked Questions
RCT stands for root canal treatment. It is a dental procedure to treat and save a tooth with infected or damaged dental pulp.
Yes, you can brush your teeth gently after a root canal. Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial to prevent any further dental issues.
With proper care and maintenance, a tooth with a successful root canal treatment can last a lifetime. However, the longevity of the tooth depends on various factors, such as oral hygiene practices, regular dental check-ups, and any additional dental treatments required.
Choosing root canal treatment (RCT) and filling depends on the specific dental condition. Dentists often recommend RCT to save the tooth if a tooth has extensive decay or damage that has reached the dental pulp. Fillings repair teeth with smaller cavities or minor damage that hasn’t affected the dental pulp.